Friday, October 28, 2005

Proud Mama Time

So Teddy and I are walking to the bus this afternoon, and he says, "Oh, yeah. I got a kindness award in front of the whole school today. I have a coupon for free ice cream!"

It seems that the Lower School meeting in the auditorium this morning was about kindness, and the Head of School chose one student and one teacher to call up to the stage an point out as good examples of people who are kind.

Teddy has no idea about the details, but MAN am I proud! :-) I told him I'm more proud about this than I am about the gifted stuff. And it's true!

6 comments:

BabelBabe said...

that ted is a good kid.

Susie Sunshine said...

Good job on having a nice boy, they are hard to come by nowadays.

Peg said...

Awwwwww is right! Good for Teddy and good for you Gina... make a little permalink to this post for those times when you may have some self-doubt about the mama thing, because clearly, this is one cool kid. :)

Caro said...

That is so neat. Sounds like you're doing a really great job and that you have a neat son.

Gina said...

I think the key here will be for me to remember this when he is 15 and sullen. :-)

Joke said...

...or when he is 15 and wants to go all Father Damian With The Lepers.

Seriously though, kudos on the kid!

-J.