Tuesday, October 18, 2005

A Couple of Things

I just read Merril Joan Gerber's "Glimmering Girls", which was really pretty boring, but for one thing: One of the girls' lit professors defined literature as FLUFF. Friction, Love, Unfaithfulness, Forgiveness, Forever after.

Val and I always say we're reading fluff when we're reading something fun and easy, and the FLUFF acronym is perfect.

*****

A man on TV last night mentioned that he "hit the jackpot" when he married his wife. Teddy said to the television, "No way! You'd have to marry my mom for that!" I do so love having a son! :-)

7 comments:

Caro said...

What a sweetie.

Sarah Louise said...

Truly! and FLUFF--I'll have to pass that one on!

BabelBabe said...

ted IS right. as someone who's now known you for close to ten years, you are one in a million. or in today's powrerball case, one in 340 million.

Gina said...

Aw, shucks! :-)

BabelBabe said...

speaking of powerball, i am so tempted to buy some tix. even though i am normally so scornful of lottery players...but 340 million...

Gina said...

I told my boss that I'm going to buy a Power Ball ticket. I've never done it before--I don't even know how much it costs--but I can't resist a shot at that much money. (Or the chance to benefit older Pennsylvanians, of course.)

And I promised my boss that I'll show up for work tomorrow if I win.

BabelBabe said...

we bought dan's aunt lottery tix for xmas...because what else do you buy a woman who has everything? and i had NO CLUE how to buy them/pick numbers. the girl thought i was the world's hugest idiot, i am sure.