Monday, October 24, 2005

iwwdcgqq

Like Rohrshach tests for bloggers…


Uyamaps
Pggyuv
Ikkyl
Suggestions for these, anyone? Meanwhile here are some words, definitions, and contextual quotes I’ve collected over the past week or so on the word verification front:

Iqlvefet – a new vodka from Finland (on a post about wine preferences)

Impjny – I’m pajamas, New York
Would imctpjny be I’m the cats pajamas, New York?

Your word verification today is gofuxxw. Which seems a bit rude.

Today's verification word is "udhaq" which sounds like one of Saddam Hussein's brothers-in-law.

…psaluplr. Right. It's a psalm about healing lupus

the word verification is uhoptah. Is that a foreign word for hopskotch?
-"uhoptah" sounds like one of those PITA British crossword answers.
-isn't uhoptah the second person conjugation for ihoptah?

Gygyll – celtic for giggle?

The word verification is "voldemort." OK, only kidding. It's actually volddedq. Close enough, though.

***********************

These all remind me of "We are now the Knights who say...'Ekki-Ekki-Ekki-Ekki-PTANG. Zoom-Boing. Z'nourrwringmm.'" in Monty Python's Holy Grail.

Also Mr Manfredjinsinjin in A Fish Called Wanda.

********************************
I couldn't make this stuff up if I tried.

6 comments:

Caro said...

Ikkyl - That's the flavor when you lick a yellow icycle. It's ikkyl.

David said...

I keep waiting for the thing to turn up as an actual word. This time it is "expziz." I would bet that the engine doesn't allow real words, because a bot could guess that. Same as the way people brute force passwords.

Interestingly, when blogging in firefox I don't have to enter the code to post, only to comment. Whereas with IE it asks me for the code when I post. One more reason to dump IE.

blackbird said...

I don't believe they are randomly generated.

BabelBabe said...

i'm not so sure they are either. or the programmer who wrote the generator is having some serious fun with pattern-matching.

jenny said...

I always feel like I'm taking a nightmare typing quiz. And mostly, I fail.

Sarah Louise said...

I think I loved Jenny's comment best. And yeah, i always get mad when I have to log in and "choose my identity, etc." on my own blog--I keep hearing about firefox but I'm afraid (not sure why) that it will cause my computer to explode.

irhtvdc: i read how to visit DC?