Friday, July 22, 2005

If This Were a Cartoon, I'd Be a Lollipop

Why? Because I am a *sucker*! I went to B&N this evening, and I could not--COULD NOT--pass up the copies of Must Love Dogs that are stacked up all over the place. Why couldn't I pass up what I was sure was an unremarkable book? Simply because John Cusack is on the cover! See? Sucker!

But I just finished reading it, and it's actually rather enjoyable. I won't see the movie, but I'll probably rent it. I kind of like that Cusack is growing old along with me. Maybe seeing this movie will make me stop longing for Lloyd Dobbler? :-)

I *did* get The Historian, by the way. I might even start it tonight.

3 comments:

BabelBabe said...

I read that, during a maternity leave, if I remember correctly. It was fine, forgettable chick lit. But you probably should've just gotten it from the library - it wasn't worth the 13 bucks or whatever, except for maybe that pic of Cusack -- who STILL makes my heart go pitter-patter. And I think you've nailed exactly why - he is real. He is our age. He is losing his hair and getting paunchy just like real men do. But he's still funny and smart and sarcastic and has that beautiful heart-wrenching smile. He's someone an average woman could meet and have drinks with and hope to charm and make him fall in love with her. (I feel somewhat the same way about Nic Cage although he gets progressively weirder each year.)

Gina said...

The book was totally fine and forgettable, and I wouldn't even have bothered to get it from the library if it weren't for the cover. I really, truly *could not* resist. It's the closest this grown woman can come to hanging his picture in her locker.

I like Nicholas Cage, but he certainly *is* getting weirder. Cusack, though, is my man. I used to know a girl who grew up near him and sort of ran in the same circles, and she said he was a jackass. Know what, though? I don't care.

Hola. Lane Meyer. :-)

And now I have *got* to finish cleaning this stupid house so I can get back to The Historian!!!!!

BabelBabe said...

Yeah, I totally understand. I don't like Diane Lane for her part, though.

Another guy I like because he comes across as real (probably because he's really just a character actor) is Timothy Omundsen, who plays Sean Potter (Maxine's boss) on Judging Amy. He's so cute. i just want to take him home, feed him, and make him get some rest. Maybe after...you know...those bags under his eyes! Oy! I know I'm weird.