Monday, July 04, 2005

Gina's Lists

Love
1. When my big, brown thug of a boy still reaches to hold my hand.
2. Pizza with a wafer-thin crust.
3. Diet Coke with lots of ice.
4. The satisfaction of taking a good snap shot.
5. Mornings when I can wake up, grab my glasses, and get back to the book I was reading before even setting foot on the floor.
6. Birkenstocks.
7. Book stores and libraries.
8. Taking a shower after I’ve run—I love that I can taste the salty sweat as the water carries it down and off my face.
9. Roller coasters.
10. Being on the air during pledge drives.
11. Canvas tote bags. No idea why, but I’ve got some sort of fetish.
12. Apple pie with the crumbly stuff on top instead of crust.
13. Neil Young.
14. The way everything smells after you’ve been near a campfire.
15. Quiet.
16. Naps.
17. Reading on a porch swing.
18. Reading in a hot bath.
19. Tent and campers with lots of built-ins and compartments.
20. Cursing/cussing/swearing.
21. Watching Teddy sleep.

Hate
1. The constant worry/fear that comes with being a mother.
2. Bee stings.
3. The idea of sick parents.
4. Flossing.
5. Panic attacks.
6. The need to wear a bra in order to prevent Sweaty Under-Boob Syndrome.
7. Tight pants.
8. Litter.
9. The fact that smoking is bad for you.
10. Most vegetables.
11. Shrimp. Egad! I can’t believe it ever occurred to people to EAT shrimp!
12. Worrying about money.
13. Dying houseplants.
14. The dirt that accumulates on window fans.
15. “Hazy, hot and humid.”
16. The idea that people in other countries might honestly hate me just because I’m an American.
17. Getting my period.
18. The commercials you’re forced to sit through before the previews begin at the movies.
19. Lipstick smudges.
20. Zits.
21. Hot tubs.

5 comments:

BabelBabe said...

YES! Why are cigarettes so bad for you? I hate that! If someone would stop focusing on making everything organic, and worry about inventing healthy cigarettes instead, you could be a millionaire.

Katy said...

There is a movie theatre here in Chicago (well, Evanston) that doesn't show tv commercials before the movie. The sign says something like, "if you wanted to see tv commercials, you would've stayed at home". I am going to try to patronize that theatre exclusively now that I have discovered that policy. they also have kettle corn.

Gina said...

Wouldn't it be nice if you could smoke cigarettes that would lower your blood pressure or deliver nutrients?

Then again, I suppose that would totally nullify any smoking=cool factor, wouldn't it?

And re: the theaters and their evil commercials, I really do prefer to patronize the local independents, but they don't always have the movies an eight-year-old is interested in . . .

BabelBabe said...

*I* almost put peel-n-eat shrimp on my Love List because I had just had dinner at my MIL's and the only truly edible thing was the shrimp that she'd bought fully cooked and ready to go from the supermarket, upon which I gorged myself.

Gina said...

I really can't get my head around shrimp. Lobster is nearly as gross, but . . . a plate of shrimp just looks like a serving of huge bugs to me. Ugh.