Friday, March 24, 2006

Spring is sprung, the grass is riz. I wonder where the birdies is.

List Friday, courtesy of Pomegranates and Paper

This week's list: Personal Fruition through Binging and Purging

******************

Things to Be Rid Of

I have actually been really good about purging unwanted and unneeded crap around here lately. Nonetheless –

  1. Some toys. No child needs that many toys. And they all lie around the floor at the same time and get stepped on and make me nuts.
  2. The guilt I carry around for working and wanting time away from my little guys
  3. The one nursing bra that drives me bats and doesn’t fit right but cost a lot of money
  4. The pair of pants I bought in a fit of fat that are waaaaaayyyy too big for me, even just to lounge around the house in. I must ignore the fact that they are practically brand new and have been only worn twice.
  5. The broken laundry baskets - what can I say, I am a child of Depression-era parents. You NEVER throw anything away. You make do.
  6. The excess weight clinging to my hips, butt, and thighs
  7. This freaking, neverending, winter-long sinus infection
  8. The peppermint mochas. As soon as it’s warm enough, I’ll start drinking iced lattes and frappucinos. I WANT spring.
  9. All the drab colored shirts I own. I went thru a phase where I only bought brown, black, grey, or navy. I don’t want to be Doris Day but I could use some pinks, pale greens, maybe even a pale blue? I mean, let’s not go nuts, but still…many people lately have told me how nice I look in pink….growl…but they’re RIGHT.
  10. The stupid miserable cat that I HATE. Yeah, I know I won’t but oh how I long to!
  11. The stupid and ugly slipcover on the couch; but at least it covers the stained, worn, migraine-inducing plaid
  12. This unfortunate tendency to pee just a tiny lttle bit every time I sneeze really hard or cough really hard. I Kegeled, I did, neverendingly, but it didn't do diddly.


Things to Obtain

  1. An eyelash curler, preferably that crazy brand that sounds like Shu Oumori that both Badger and my friend L swear by
  2. A pair of jeans that fit, look good, and are comfy – yeah, good luck with that. The new jeans I just bought last week? Look all right but are not that comfy. See number 5.
  3. A bus pass
  4. Books – of course
  5. More Green and Black’s milk chocolate almond bars, because I ate the last of my stash last night
  6. A new TV cabinet, sort of like an armoire type so it looks nicer and so I can stop worrying about this IKEA piece of crap collapsing on top of my children.
  7. A dining room hutch/china cabinet so my pantry can be fully the pantry and not also platter and plate storage.
  8. A sporty spring coat, preferably pink, even though I can’t really see myself wearing pink. Camel might do.
  9. A cute spring purse
  10. Some flippy, sporty, swishy new spring skirts – or if I lose that weight I can just live in my jean skirt and that would be fine too.
  11. A haircut and color, and some professional eyebrow shaping
  12. Time to run a few times a week so I can train for this 10K I want to do in the fall and thereby lose lots of weight in the bargain. I am so much happier when I am running regularly.
  13. A nice new set of some-pale/neutral-colored sheets, at least 300-thread-count
  14. A new bottle of Bath and Body Works lemon verbena perfume, and maybe some classic Liz Claiborne. I like to have two or three to switch around through. Because my French drugstore stuff (Les Senteurs orange-cinnamon, in that gorgeous blue bottle) has to last till I can get to Paris again.
  15. Oh, what the hell - a trip to Paris.

12 comments:

Jess said...

I like the last one best.

I used to despise pink - too girly - and didn't own anything in pink until almost two years ago. But then I realized that I do like pink and it looks good on me and all that. Try some. At least a shirt.

Badger said...

Yeah, what's wrong with pink? I wear pink. Embrace the pink!

And it's Shu Uemura. And you do need one. Everyone does.

Gina said...

BB: You and I should make an excursion to Sephora--I bet they sell those eyelash curlers. :-)

lazy cow said...

Pink is good. V. flattering next to the face dear (written by someone who only wore black for years). Get rid of the too big pants - you won't regret it.
I have a cheap Manicare eyelash curler - it works OK with a blast from the hair dryer to warm the rubber up.
I forgot to put get rid of our stinky, foul-breathed dog. One of these days...

Anonymous said...

I have a pink raincoat that I bought last year and love, along with a dusty pink totebag. I don't use them at the same time though.

And I got rid of the cat, but the pee problem - gets worse with age. Trust me. Not a Depends kind of bad but sometimes a light days pad kind of bad.

blackbird said...

I think Loretta is getting rid of an eyelash curler...

sueeeus said...

I've had that spring is sprung jingle going through my head all day, before even reading your blog. Great list. Is the obtaining part a reality list or a wish list? I hope it's reality!

Caro said...

Kegels don't seem to work. I think they're a myth propogated by the insurance company so they won't have to pay to get us a new bladder.

I was also thinking recently that I would love a cut, color and eyebrow shaping. Maybe I'll take a loan out at the bank.

BabelBabe said...

i am all about SuperCuts, Carolyn. you can get your hair cut for 25 bucks, and your eyebrows done for 8. the color - well, whichever box color catches my fancy at the drugstore : )so while it's not as much fun as a real salon - you also don't need a 2nd mortgage : )

i like pink well enough - my wardrobe just could use some. i had this theory for a while that like many Europeans I see, I could just wear neutrals all the time to extend my meager wardrobe. hahaha. i have no style.

and you know what i want/need MOST and completely forgot???
Eight hours of straight, uninterupted sleep. Nothing else might be necessary if I could get that!

Joke said...

Hell, I have 7 pink dress shirts alone. WTF is wrong w. pink?

-Mr. Pink

Anonymous said...

Ah, yes. Pelvic floor issues. We should talk.

Lynne@Oberon said...

I don't understand why, but I also want a eyelash curler. I'm sure they can't be as good as I imagine they are - and I imagine easy, one-step luscious lashes - yet I still want them.
The first favourite item of clothing I can remember is a pink mohair jumper my grandma knitted for me ... so pink fluff is dear to my heart :)