Thursday, November 03, 2005

Sleepy, Dopey and Grumpy

I am 3/7 of Snow White's dwarves.

*****

The weather is beyond beautiful, and I just came from running some lunch time errands. It killed me to come back to work, not because I disklike my job, but because I dislike having to have a job at all. How I envy the stay-at-home-moms, now that my kid is in school all day. I *was* a SAHM until Ted was two, and by that time I couldn't wait to get back to work and be among adults. I spent two years working part-time, and that was perfect. Americans work too much and have too little leisure. Blah.

*****

I read Gregor the Overlander yesterday, and it was . . . nice. I recommend it for kids, but it's certainly no His Dark Materials or even Harry Potter. I'm just saying.

Speaking of Harry Potter, I just listened to The Goblet of Fire so I'll be ready for the movie. I know I'm a dork, but it'sfun stuff. Poor Cedric. It seems like the movie might be pretty scary, and I'm thinking maybe I should see it without Ted to make sure it won't freak him out too much. (It's PG-13.)

*****

My brother-in-law took Teddy and a friend to Family Day with the Steelers. The boys had a good time despite the fact that the STEELERS NEVER SHOWED. Can you tell that's Ted's head on the QB's body?

2 comments:

Caro said...

You're not a dork. I love Harry Potter. I always pre-order on Amazon so it is delivered the day of release. Then J and I arm wrestle over it. Some of the children's authors are better than the adult authors, in my opinion.

BabelBabe said...

how could the steelers *not show up* to family steeler day?! lame.

i need to reread goblet too, before i see the movie. i am just not in the mood for hp right now but since it's highly unlikely i will get out to a theatre to see it, i suppose i have some time.