Friday, November 04, 2005

"See, Meg, things always work out if you just do whatever you want without thinking about the consequences."

I laughed out loud.

Courtesy of Sarah Louise: Librarians rock!

Lauren Weisberger’s new book Everyone Worth Knowing is, in my humble opinion, unreadable. The Devil Wears Prada made me insane with the spinelessness of its – can I even call her this – heroine, but this – this is baaaad. So it’s back to The Thorn Birds for my brain candy.

I used to read Runner's World to be inspired, now it just depresses me. I will never ever qualify for the Boston Marathon. But I still like the monthly profile of a famous person who runs, and Haruki Murakami was last month’s. He even talks about his running in his lectures. I’ve read elsewhere that Joyce Carol Oates runs something like five miles a day and claims she can’t write until she gets a run in. I can't stand JCO, so am plotting to steal her running shoes.

I want this game for Christmas. And my nearest-and-dearest-and-most-well-read friends to play it with me.

************************************

The monster, it is alive!

Let's ride that one again!


Jude-ipus Rex:


Septimus was a dog in a former life:

4 comments:

Kathy said...

I love that picture of Jude asleep. I think my favorite pictures of my kids are all pictures of them asleep.

Caro said...

Sweet pics. What cuties!

Re: Richard Scarry - Uncle's Lumpy Lap. hee hee.

Jess said...

I'll play with you! (Booktastic, that is)

BabelBabe said...

schweeeeet! another library person. i call you, me, and gina against....who'll dare? anyone? anyone? bueller?