Wednesday, January 11, 2006

"The only reason I made an American Express commercial was to pay for my American Express bill." - Peter Ustinov

Swiped from Blackbird

My name....Wouldn’t you like to know? Probably not, it’s not really that exciting

childhood memory...bringing my little brother home from the hospital, me “holding” him in the backseat

fondest memory...this past Christmas morning with my boys

soundtrack...the Wiggles singing

retreat... a bookstore/library – someplace with books

wildest dream...having the energy to really live, not just working up enough energy to get out of bed and slog through each day

proudest moment...giving birth to my oldest son

biggest challenge...not losing my temper with my boys so much

alarm clock...Timex running watch

perfect day...hanging out with my brother, his wife, and her parents; or skiing – or both

first job...salesperson at the Gap

indulgence...coffee shop, be it Starbucks or the little neighborhood one

last purchase...sixteen bucks worth of organic chocolate

favorite movie...Moonstruck

inspiration...books

My life...really could not be much better

My card is...sorry, Visa

4 comments:

Gina said...

I'll play too, even though I'm going to be very similar to bb:

My name....Gina. One of Teddy's ornery friends insists on calling me Mrs. Teddy's Mom.

childhood memory...My oldest memory is of me holding my parents' hands at the shore, jumping over the waves as the tide came in. I remember the surprising taste of the salt water. I was almost three.

fondest memory...Teddy's first birthday. The party was at my parents', and Teddy was so happy and cute. At one point I locked eyes with Ted's dad, and we were both choked up. I felt so proud, and so much love.

soundtrack...The Alito hearing.

retreat... Books. It really doesn't matter where I am, as long as I have something to read.

wildest dream... Running a marathon.

proudest moment... This is superficial, but I watched Ted throw a football in a perfect spiral on the playground the other day. I honestly felt like, "Whoo! That's my boy!"

biggest challenge... Cultivating my own happiness.

alarm clock... The alarm on my cell phone, because it'll work even if thepower goes out.

perfect day... The one where I fit back into size-6 jeans.

first job... Telemarketing to raise money for local fireman. Ugh.

indulgence... Junk food. In which I indulge so much that it isn't even a treat anymore.

last purchase... Power Bagel with Peanut Butter and a large Diet Coke.

favorite movie... The Philadelphia Story.

inspiration... Books. My mom and sister. My friends. My kid.

My life... Is much different than I thought it would be, but still very good.

My card is...Visa

Caro said...

Gina, I hear you on the perfect day, only for me it would be size ten. LOL

Babelbabe, giving birth to my first was one of my proudest moments too.

blackbird said...

The Wiggles?

I'm sorry.

David said...

didn't these ads run on top of a black and white full page photo of the person?


My name.... David

childhood memory... rushing to the kindergarten toychest to get the batplane before anyone else could get it – would have to have been 5

fondest memory... Hammer to Egg for a goal, Yuk vs. Indiana, Pool play, College Nationals, Wilmington, NC 1989 – although I have many fond memories.

soundtrack...Melissa Etheridge

retreat... often I wander hardware aisles looking for inspiration

wildest dream... for the family of my past to be the model for my family of the future, in Maui, and independently wealthy, and with an ipod, and…

proudest moment...opening preview, La Cage au Faux, MSMT, 1992 – although again, a long list

biggest challenge... coming up with answers to soul searching questions, really

alarm clock...I do my own reminders.

perfect day... a day that doesn’t need a list

first job...store associate, toy department, K-Mart

indulgence... McDonald’s #2, Supersize with a Coke – I indulge a little too much

last purchase...with a card? Gas, I know – thrilling!

favorite movie... The Matrix Reloaded

inspiration... I try to find the inspiration in anything, its all about how you take from one thing and have it shape another

My life... going very well, thank you for asking

My card is...pick a card, any card!