Friday, February 03, 2006

"Why don't we start? The handbag is here." - Nicholas Ridley


I bought this purse from the little funky Tibetan store for ten bucks. I think it may well be one of the most stylish things I've owned. I love, love, LOVE this purse. But the silk near the zipper is starting to rip, and when I went back to buy another one -- and a silk scarf and a wool wrap and funky cool jewelry -- they didn't have the purses anymore. Very sad.




So I hit TJ Maxx and bought this Nine West bag - I generally like 9 West stuff, it's classy and cute. But the zipper pull kept falling off...I used it for three days before becoming completely disgusted and buying this adorable little bag AT THE GROCERY STORE. And there you have it.




I use the same purse every day, no matter what shoes. (I'm sorry, Badger!)

***********************
Friday Show-and-Tell, courtesy of Blackbird

7 comments:

Sarah Louise said...

lovely lovely lovely. and all in black, too!

Caro said...

I use the same purse every day also. It's quite boring.

blackbird said...

YOU are, it would appear, not shopping at the same supermarket that I am shopping.

Suse said...

I cannot tell you how much I simply adore that supermarket bag. In fact, I'm tempted to say, can you buy one for me next time you do the grocery shopping?

(although, how big is it? It's hard to tell. You need a matchbox in the shot for comparison!)

Kathy said...

I like all those bags. I also carry the same purse everyday -- I'd lose stuff it I didn't. Mine doesn't go with anything I own though because it's purple.

BabelBabe said...

Suse - I had every intention of picking one up for you yesterday but the only one they had left like that was in lime green. A particularly bright lime green. It's a smallish bag, big enough for phone, lip goop, wallet, change purse, and a pen. Not much else. So maybe it would be too small anyway...judging from your bag on Show-and-Tell.

They had all sorts of cute new ones though. Little quilted ones with cool buckles and ones with applique of dresses and shoes on them...since when does Giant Eagle carry cute purses??? It's so strange.

Anonymous said...

Of all the hobbies I could ahve picked growing up, why did I pick surfing the web. I mean, I find lots of cool blogs, like yours, but I just never know where it leads. Looking for dooney bourke purse can lead you to a jam making site. You never know. Good stuff!