Saturday, February 25, 2006

Please don't put your life in the hands Of a rock n roll band Who'll throw it all away.

My husband is a rock star. No, really, check it out:



The band he plays in, and two other bands containing people he works with, played at a local venue last night. They played ten songs in their set, each more kick-butt than the last, although the Red Hot Chili Peppers’ “Give It Away Now”? AWESOME. The lead singer ROCKED that song. It was just freaking incredible.
They also cover Oasis, Matthew Sweet, Radiohead, Nirvana, and Husker Du. They used to cover Cheap Trick’s “Surrender,” and I am very sad that they no longer do.
The lead singer was very sweet, all nervous before the show, but he was terrific, and no less than four women asked me if he was single (he’s not).



It’s hard to rock the groupie thing when you’re used to rocking the mommy thing. Sigh.
And it’s also hard to be going out at nine p.m. when you are used to getting ready for bed around then.

So I’m a wee bit tired today. But I brought a turkey sandwich, an orange, and some chocolate for lunch, so I can curl up in a quiet corner somewhere and finish off Facing the Light. It started out as this “Rosamunde-Pilcher readalike” throwaway-read, and is evolving into this tight little shadowy thriller-y novel which, while not on par with a Robertson Davies or even an official suspense writer like Minette Walters or Denise Mina, is enjoyable and engrossing.

And in other fine news – Girl Scout cookies are in. I am partaking of Thin Mints washed down with a peppermint mocha. Tastebud nirvana.

9 comments:

blackbird said...

(squinting)
he looks cute too!

Sarah Louise said...

Yeah, I ate my first box of Samoas already.

Badger said...

That is an impressively large stage. And you know what they say, "big stage, big ..." yeah, I have no idea what I was going for there.

Caro said...

My husband plays guitar too but not in a band. The little ones love it when he pulls out his guitar.

Anonymous said...

Thin mints are my favorites! The rock band images are cool. I can almost hear the music ;-)

Kathy said...

I forgot there was another Chili Pepper's song besides Under the Bridge that I like a lot -- that's it! That's cool that your husband is a rock star.

Bookhart said...

An elevated stage? That's impressive. Mine own husband's band plays at a club with a papier-mache elephant in the background, and no stage.

So I'm a band widow too.

lazy cow said...

Sounds like a fun night. That's my sort of music.

Gina said...

Gene Simmons (of KISS fame) is the creator of a really awful cartoon about a kid whose dad is a rock star. The theme song goes, "My dad is a rock star, yeah!" And now I'm singing that song . . . about your husband. :-)