Monday, February 13, 2006

Wait a minute! Wait a minute!

I forgot why I REALLY watch the Olympics - so I can read Salon's coverage the next day.

While no one - I emphasize, NO ONE - will EVER top Gary Kamiya's 2000 Summer Games coverage -- after all, how exactly could you top sentences like this one: Khorkina's first-we-make-love then-I-kill-you then-I kill-myself antics wouldn't have seemed so extreme anywhere except in the sexless, zombie-like atmosphere of an Olympics women's gymnastic competition -- King Kaufmann's coverage is damn amusing.

If you're bored and need reading material that will make you laugh so hard you'll cry, go to Salon.com and search the archives for Olympics coverage from years past, written by Kamiya and/or Kaufmann. Freaking brilliant.

Truly the BEST reason to watch at all.

1 comment:

Gina said...

I distinctly remember spitting Diet Coke over the keyboard when I read that Gary Kamiya piece! :-)