Tuesday, August 30, 2005

The Magic of Photoshop (Beware if you're at work: Bikinis are involved.)

This link came from my friend Kate. If you click on Portfolio, you get a series of pics that have been retouched, and which you can roll your mouse over to see the original image. On the one hand, this frustrates me because I'm reminded of just how impossible the standards for women are. On the other hand, though, it was kind of empowering to see that even these beautiful women are lumpy and flawed. You know? I wish more people could see this. I showed it to Teddy, and he was amazed. It was a lovely lesson of "Don't believe everything you see," among other things.

3 comments:

Jess said...

I think the most disturbing ones were the ones where barely anything was changed - just a tummy pulled in a little or something. Some looked obviously touched - plastic girls - but the ones where their bodies were practically perfect anyway? Creepy.

Caro said...

I will have to show this to my teen daughter.

Gina said...

Excellent! Teen girls everywhere should see it! Boys too!