Wednesday, August 03, 2005

I'm a Follower Too

From SBR: Selectively Biased Rants, via There are no bad ideas.

1. Reply with your name and I'll respond with something random about you.
2. I'll tell you what song/movie reminds me of you.
3. I'll pick a flavor of jello to wrestle with you in.
4. I'll say something that only makes sense to you and me (maybe/maybe not).
5. I'll tell you my first memory of you.
6. I'll tell you what animal you remind me of. (David chose to pick us new jobs from ArtSearch instead, so ok...)
7. I'll ask you something that I've always wondered about you.
8. If I do this for you, you must post this on your journal.

Here's what David had to say about me:

Babelbabe...

1. You were always fascinated by tweeds.

2. Say Anything "GET OUT OF THE BATHTUB MR. COURT!!!"[Cool!]

3. Oh but if the thought had come up in time. Hmm. Strawberry-Kiwi [I've always been a black cherry jello fan myself, for what it's worth.]

4. (although I wasn't actually part of this) Dance Break [I'd forgotten about that! Haha!]

5. This unfortunately must just be as one of the legion of people in Debi's class. My favorite of that period though is that one night, late, I was at your door in Donner and I heard you on the phone so I waited for you to be done and then I knocked and you screamed "WHAT" from inside. I almost ran away. I think you were tired.[Yeah, I haven't changed a bit...]

6. ARTISTIC ASSOCIATE/DRAMATURG - Atlanta, GA, US
Job posted on June 30, 2005

The Alliance Theatre is a LORT B, D and TYA theatre producing premieres, classics, contemporary works and productions for children. Associate would report directly to Artistic Director and work in partnership with theatre’s Literary Manager and resident directors. Responsibilities include managing and growing theatre’s Kendeda Graduate Playwriting Competition, a national competition whose winner receives a full production in the theatre’s subscription season; managing all playwrights working with the theatre on current or future projects; overseeing production dramaturgy; representing the artistic voice of the theatre to staff, audience, and community; and participating in season planning. Requirements: Previous experience as member of artistic staff or demonstrated leadership in the field of literary management and/or dramaturgy; deep familiarity with the dramatic canon—both classic and contemporary--and demonstrated relationships with current field artists and leaders; superior critical analysis skills and corresponding written and verbal skills with which to convey them. Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience. Send letter, resume, salary requirements and references to: Associate Search, THE ALLIANCE THEATRE, 1280 Peachtree Street, NE, Atlanta, GA 30309. Email: atcliterary@woodruffcenter.org. The Alliance Theatre is an Equal Opportunity Employer.[I'm flattered.]

7. Really, were all those phi cap parties all that and a bag of chips?
[They were ok, but they gave me something to do other than pointless Cletus design projects and costume designs. And it was cool to have non-drama friends.]

8 comments:

Gina said...

Do me, Val! Do me! :-)

Sarah Louise said...

Me too! Me too! (do we sound too much like your sons?)

Mojavi said...

hmmmm, i am going to send this to my sisters :)

Anonymous said...

Watch movie, Mama?

BabelBabe said...

David! Is that you?! Damn your eyes!

David said...

:-P

BabelBabe said...

Gina:
1. Your apartment (and before, your house) is one of the most peaceful and soothing places I know of.
2. Emma. Or maybe the last episode of the BBC’s Pride and Prejudice.
3. Black cherry (hey, I’m selfish!)
4. Sometimes I wonder if you-know-who’s wife is still stalking me, and if she is, can I hide out at your place?
5. You were sitting in Eric Otto Clarke’s lame-o 19th century Brit Lit class, wearing a polo shirt that I immediately coveted (I went out the next day to Goodwill and bought two nicely broken-in Gap polos, one grey and one green, that I wear to this day.) And you were saying something intelligent about, oh, Great Expectations or Wuthering Heights, and I immediately thought, “I must ask this woman out.” (Yes, I am married, but that’s sort of how you “pick up” new friends, by asking them out : )) And I did, and you said yes, and the rest is history. Much more successful than most of my dates : )
6. Panda bear
7. Doesn’t it (or didn’t it) make you nuts that Carl spent all that money to go to law school and then never took the bar to make the big bucks?

BabelBabe said...

Sarah Louise:
1. I think it’s so cool that you have sayings and Bible verses and such taped all over the inside of your car.
2. Clueless with Alicia Silverstone (not that *you* are clueless, just the general vibe of that movie makes me think of you)
3. Orange or maybe the champagne/grape stuff
4. Do you really not like triple-thick milkshakes, or was it just that one night?
5. Yoga with Nitsa - you were wearing a really cute bright pink sweatsuit and trying to contort yourself into some insane yoga position that was invented for people shorter than people like us!
6. Gazelle or an okapi
7. Does it offend you if I swear in front of you? Because you are a Christian, and a good person, and I am a degenerate who often curses like a sailor…I’m so self-conscious about it, and I wouldn’t want to annoy you.