Sunday, February 03, 2008

“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” *

I didn’t think I cared who won the Super Bowl – heck, until this afternoon I couldn’t have even told you which teams were playing – but right after I had commented to H how boring I find football, the Patriots scored on an incredible passing play that kept me and H glued to the TV after all. And then….the comeback of the Giants – how exciting! So maybe I get it a little bit after all.

It could have been the basement-cleaning that took place today, or the walking around Bed Bath & Beyond looking for curtain hardware with my friend E yesterday – or I suppose it could have been “the thrill of victory, the agony of defeat” that caused my water to break just as what we thought was the Patriots’ winning touchdown was scored.

If it had been the Stanley Cup finals, though? I wouldn’t have even told H until the game was over.

I’ll keep you posted.

***************

* Bill Shankly (in all fairness, what we Americans call a soccer player)

20 comments:

Paula said...

Be well, babe.

Nothing but good thoughts and hopes of speedy labor...

HEATHER said...

YEAH!!! Saying a prayer for you to have a quick, easy delievery.
God Bless! Can't wait! Please don't name the baby Plaxico, I'm reserving that one for myself!

Katy said...

Be well, be strong, you are in my thoughts. By the time I am cuddling the twins in the morning, I hope that you are holding your own in your arms.

blackbird said...

I'll be thinking of you ALL DAY.
No, really.
I'll be focused on you all day - because I'm crazy like that.

May it be swift and easy!

Badger said...

Oh! YAY!

Caro said...

We'll be avidly waiting!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday baby !!

Why said...

Oh baby!! How exciting! You can do it--you've done it before!

jenny said...

Hurray! Wishing you a safe and speedy delivery.

Plaxico? :) Can you even imagine?

Although, here in New England there is an overabundance of little boys (& dogs for that matter) named Brady.

Anonymous said...

Yay! Eagerly awaiting more news!

Velma said...

Every time I see "Plaxico," I think about a plexiglass factory or something. Maybe you'd consider "Acme" instead?

Good vibes being sent west from me to you - hope it is fast and easy!

Miz S said...

I hope it's a girl. Or a boy.

Caterina said...

Hahahahaha....I'm laughing at all the Plaxico comments. HA!

Good vibes, smooth delivery wishes to you.

Kathy said...

I just saw this! I hope the baby is here now and that you are both well.

Caro said...

Fingers tapping! You busy or something?

TLB said...

Whee! Good luck.

Sarah Louise said...

ooh how exciting! Good that you got the minivan FIRST. We're all cheering for you and waiting impatiently.

Many hugs for the whole "BBabe" family,

SL

Suse said...

Waiting with bated breath.

Sending you blessings across the oceans ...

xx

Jess said...

Waiting and thinking of you and hoping that baby behaves so you have plenty of time to read!

KPB said...

OK - so I'm all - but the Superbowl was on our yesterday morning so that means you.have.had.that.baby.

AM.SO.EXCITED.