Thursday, July 21, 2005

Questions Answered

Did you ever during your childhood treat a peer badly and wish you could apologize to them now? Were you ever mistreated by a peer during your childhood and wish you had an apology from them?

Yes. I was great friends with Jamey Singer, a smart, dorky boy with enormous feet and thick glasses who was a year older than me. He asked me to dance at the "Farewell to the 8th Graders" dance, and I turned him down because I was with two bitchy girls whom I knew would laugh at me otherwise. I swear that I actually saw his heart break.

As far as being mistreated, people were generally pretty nice to me, or else they didn't know I existed and so couldn't be mean. HOWEVER: Charlie Kubasky, a boy who went to the Polish Catholic school (I went to the [much cooler] Italian one), remarked the summer before we started 9th grade that I had big arms. I was a gymnast, softball player and cheerleader. I was *strong*. But I've been ashamed of my arms ever since, and I don't think I'll ever forgive him.

What type of construction vehicle are you?

A lowboy. I'm strong, squat, and carry heavy loads like a pack mule.

What career would you pick for your child(ren)?

I'd love it if Teddy could be a Lego Master Builder. I think that this would be his equivalent of my dream of getting paid to sit around and read all day.

What three fictional characters would you most like to have dinner with?

Darcy, Rochester and the grown-up Calvin O'Keefe.

At this fictional-character dinner, what do you feed them?

Spanish fly. :-)

2 comments:

BabelBabe said...

That's awesome : ) Spanish fly.

Katy said...

I know that you *didn't* post the part about, "whoever wants questions should comment" but since I have decided to play with everyone who is posting this this week/next few days, if you're up for it, throw five questions my way.