Saturday, July 02, 2005

Listmania, idea swiped from Say La Vee and Badger...

The Love List:
1. The way my little guys smell (generally a combo of a bit of sweat, Waterbabies sunscreen, and peanut butter)
2. Si’s skinny little calves and ankles (just like his daddy’s) and his beautiful green eyes and his thousand-watt pointy-chinned smile
3. Jude’s blond sticky-out hair and his plump little starfish-y hands and his hobbit feet
4. Jude’s rendition of Radiohead’s National Anthem
5. Radiohead
6. Rum and Coke, no lime
7. Chocolate peanut butter ice cream from Baskin Robbins (two scoops in a waffle cone)
8. Panzarottis
9. The smell of The Good Home Beach House hand soap
10. Blue glass
11. The shore
12. Clean cotton sheets
13. Enough pillows
14. Walking around barefoot all summer
15. The New Email icon
16. Eeyore
17. Blue cheese of just about any kind
18. Pickup trucks
19. Finding a great new blog to read
20. Sharks
21. Dar Williams
22. Naps
23. August tomatoes
24. Curb Your Enthusiasm
25. Long flowy skirts
26. Wearing my retainer
27. Nineteenth-century novels
28. Epidurals
29. The library
30. The way I feel after I’ve had a good run
31. Water in just about any form – fountains, lakes, ponds, creeks, pools, bathtubs, puddles

The Hate List:
1. People who play their car radios so loudly my windows rattle
2. Drivers who don’t use turn signals
3. Mayonnaise
4. Lukewarm sushi
5. Taco dip
6. Couches that aren’t long enough for me to lie down on
7. Sticky tables
8. People who act like it’s my fault that their print job did not turn out properly because they didn’t check their settings
9. SUVs
10. Maternity clothes without pockets and/or with flower applique
11. Barney the Freaking Purple Dinosaur and those saccharine horrors of children that accompany him
12. Socks
13. Bras
14. Guns
15. Gratuitously depicted violence in movies, oh ok, violence in general, how very liberal of me
16. The Diaper Genie
17. Migraines - actually, the pre-migraine phase when every little sound makes me tweak, and my eyes hurt from the light
18. Crunching on things (Cheerios) and sticking to things when I walk across the kitchen floor
19. Epidurals
20. Genetic counselors
21. The new GD effing system to record reference transactions in the library. Why does everything have to be made *more* complicated? Occam’s razor, anyone?
22. Automated phone service systems (“Press 1 for English…”)
23. Loonies who crank-call the ref desk and hang up
24. Bugs
25. Sweat
26. Mosquito bites
27. Short men with teeny-tiny, pudgy hands
28. Perms

7 comments:

blackbird said...

eeeeewww, short men, just ewwwww.

Beach house soap. LOVE IT.

Peg said...

What is this beach house soap of which you speak?

Peg said...

P.S. I LOVE lists and yours were very interesting. Thanks for not putting things like "mean people" or some other such.

BabelBabe said...

Somebody bought me some as a housewarming gift, and I LOVE it. It smells like salt air, and sun, and the ocean - like your skin after a day at the shore. Yum.

It's from The Good Home Co.

http://www.drugstore.com/templates/brand/default.asp?brand=15665&trx=GFI-0-PPBS&trxp1=22215

Gina said...

Why do you both love and hate epidurals?

BabelBabe said...

You've given birth. Must you really ask? : )

Drugs=bliss
Needles=freak me out
Needles inserted into my spine= even more freak me out
BUT
drugs=bliss

Gina said...

See, I am one of those freaks who is totally comfortable in the hospital. Needles? If a qualified medical professional wants to stab me, I'm cool with that. And if she's going to stab me to relieve the pain of labor, then I'm more than fine with that. There is no hate in my equation at all.