Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Insert California Reference Here

It took forever to get here, but we made it. And do you want to know the best part (aside from the Cyber Cafe at the convention)? The woman who took care of my car rental was charmed by my sweet son, so she gave us an upgrade for $50. I drove up the 405 and down Santa Monica Boulevard this afternoon in a red Mustang convertible! :-) I don't think I've been so charmed and caught up in a moment--on my own behalf, not Teddy's--for a really, really long time.

I'm wrecked, though. I didn't eat all day, because of my freak-out issues (which weren't too much of a problem this time), so I was ravenous when we finally checked in to this fancy hotel. We decided to order room service. I'm such a fool. Pizzas, pasta, water, pop, and desserts were $100! But it was worth it, I think. Between that and the car I feel like I should be off to Beverly Hills High to meet Kelly and Dylan. (I apologize to those who don't get the reference, but I watched 90210 for its entire run. We all have our guilty pleasures.)

So Teddy and Kim are enjoying the pool and I'm walking around with a new canvas bag filled with freebies and a name tag necklace. A drink, a few munchies, and I'm off to bed.

Oh! I'm about half-way through The Time Traveler's Wife. Love!!!!

5 comments:

Mojavi said...

that was one of my all time favorites!

Jess said...

I could barely put that down. I've been thinking of rereading.

BabelBabe said...

I am hearing Sheryl Crow singing about Santa Monica Blvd in my head. Your hair blowing in the breeze...or did you wear one of those adorable little scarves tied under your chin? : )

You scored another canvas bag - I know how you love them.

Glad you're liking TTW. I knew you would.

I miss you. (Does that sound weird? Sorry : ))I wanted to call you after I went to the library this afternoon to crow over my Historian coup, but wasn't sure where or what you'd be doing at 1 California time. God help me if you ever go away for a month or something : )

Katy said...

The
Gapers Block Book Club
recently read Time Travelers Wife. My roommate is actually in this book club, and if I ever read the right book in time, then I will go too. As it is, I'm just enjoying reading books that are somehow related to Chicago.

What kind of a conference are you at?

Gina said...

It's the Public Radio Development and Membership Conference. I love and will always support public radio, but I'm so glad my future lies with libraries--these sessions are SO BORING.

But I'm here, and we're having a great time when I'm not dozing in conference rooms.

I miss you too, Val, and I might try to call you at the library tonight, just to catch up. :-)