Tuesday, September 27, 2005

possibly too much information...

what has this world come to, that the first people I inform of my incipient labor are my blog buddies? well, you know, my husband is sleeping and my in-laws are on a bus tour of New England and Gina is asleep, with a job to go to in the morning and a kid of her own.

Well, if this isn't me in labor, I am not sure what's going on. Big pop, sorta contraction-y thingeys...if not, I have a 9am appt with my OB who will no doubt tell me what's going on.

But Gina, if I die in childbirth, remember that Ilove you and I still have your last Jasper Fforde and your Jennifer Weiner.

I will keep you all posted - well, Gina will as she will be the first person I call. Or it will all be a huge embarrassing false alarm/wishful thinking and you'll never ever believe me again when I say I might be in labor. (You know, it's my third, you'd think I'd KNOW, wouldn't you??)

9 comments:

Katy said...

Congratulations! You are probably on your way to the doctor now, and everyone in Pittsburgh is awake, but its good to know that the baby is on its way out, in all probability.

If you send me a mailing address, I will knit for the new little one, and try to put something in for the big boys too.

Gina said...

She is indeed on her way to the doctor, and very calm about the whole thing. She says she'll call me, and I'll post as soon as I hear anything . . .

Katy, I'd give you Val's address, but I can't figure out how to e-mail you.

Peg said...

I hope this *is* it, and not a false alarm, for BB's sake... false alarms seem like such a mean trick for the body to play on you. Go, BB, go, and go, baby, go, too.

Thanks Gina for keeping us informed!

Gina said...

Okay--this is it! She's in the hospital and should have the baby by dinner time. Please direct all of your good vibes her way, and I'll update when I hear from her again.

Joke said...

If the testimony of all the women whom I've known that had 3+ children, the third one usually just falls out with half a contraction. Some have told me the 5th one practically flies across the room.

Gina tell her this, exactly: Joke says Bastiat can wait.

-Joke

Jess said...

What HAS the world come to? I'm glad to hear the baby is on his/her (do we know?) way - even if I did sleep too late (and am 3 hours behind) to actually know "first."

Katy said...

Gina,

I don't really know how to email you either, but I can be reached at katy.kelsey at gmail.com

Badger said...

Woo! Yay!

Kathy said...

Congratulations! I just heard because I just checked. Sending all my good thoughts BB's way. The baby is probably born by now.