Tuesday, May 10, 2005

blowin' in the wind

What am I reading? Not much. I am somewhat at loose ends.
I started Stalking the Green Fairy, and liked it very much (I have one of Villas' dessert books and use it a lot), but it's not a sit-down-and-read-the-whole-thing sort of book. I picked up Poet of the Appetites and put it down again; same with The Cruelest Miles. I did manage to get most of the way through the new issue of House and Garden. And I just requested a motley assortment of books from the library, inspired by Bookslut, mostly. I have stacks and stacks of books at home, plenty of interesting things to read. My brain is just stalled. I can't even concentrate to read the newspaper everyday; I start getting antsy round about the obits and barely make it through the comics. I hate when this happens.

1 comment:

Gina said...

Time for some comfort reading, Val. Pull out Harriet the Spy or Caddie Woodlawn. You'll be back to reading the grown-up stuff in no time.

I'm still working on Freakonomics,mostly in the fits and starts provided by breaks between pledge breaks, but it's good reading. It's interesting and thought-provoking, and I'd love to hear Steven Levitt speak.

I'm not sure what I'll start next. Maybe I won't allow myself to read anything but school work until I've completed my financial aid forms for fall . . .