Friday, December 01, 2006

"I lost a stitch! Damned aristocrats!" [from the 1935 movie, "A Tale of Two Cities"]



Email to Suse, Dec 1, 2006, 12:21 p.m. EST
Subject: knitwit
fuck, i am remedial.

i have just spent half an hour trying to learn to cast on - using either way, longtail or knitted. I am making a dog's breakfast of the whole thing.

you have my utmost respect : )



Email to Suse, Dec 1, 2006, 4:06 p.m. EST
Subject: Re: knitwit
ooohhh!!! i figured it out and have thirty stitches cast on!!!!



Email to Suse and Gina, Dec 1, 2006, 4:51 p.m. EST
Subject: i am done one row
you people find this RELAXING?



Email to Suse, Dec 1, 2006, 5:48 p.m. EST
Subject: Re: i am done one row
i have discovered that knitting needles are most useful for PUTTING YOUR EYES OUT when you are incapable of deciphering online instructions on "turning" stitches.

10 comments:

Joke said...

Not being a knitter my own self, I can only issue a supposition...but I think it's safe to say that maybe reading Oedipus Rex before getting with the yarn isn't the smartest thing to do.

-J.

blackbird said...

It's gorgeous!
It'll be a sweater in NO TIME.

I'm busy knitting up a slipcover - for my couch.

Badger said...

Dude, this is why I CROCHET.

I am CROCHETY.

Sarah Louise said...

Yeah, I haven't had luck in this either...

Katy said...

Its beautiful and even! Yay for casting on and knitting. You'll have a nice potholder in no time at all.

BabelBabe said...

it's destined to be a scarf for nekkid Mimi - pictures of course forthcoming...

Katy said...

will Seg allow Mimi to wear clothes?

BabelBabe said...

yes, for some reason now he will. he actually asked for the scarf.

do you suppose she's a house elf and he wants to free her? I could really use a house elf....

Suse said...

The idea of Badger crocheting, is so very very wrong.

sara said...

I've had days like this.

Funny -- Suse is my knitting muse, too!