Thursday, December 15, 2005

Show and Tell Plus One

Blackbird asked for Christmas decorations, so here goes.


This is actual tin tinsel. I love it. I don't necessarily love the tree, but I so love the tinsel.


My bathroom is too small to show you more than this little slice of it, but I tied these nasty red satin balls (donated from my ex's long-dead grandmother) to my shower curtain. I wouldn't use them any place else, and they've been in a zip-lock bag for ages, but here, in the bathroom, they make me happy.


This used to be a nightlight, and I've had her since I was five. My sister has a mouse wearing a Santa hat. The nightlight became a fire hazard a long time ago, and the angel isn't really my thing, but I love her anyway.

And here's the Plus One:


Teddy brought this guy home from school today--he made it in Art.

7 comments:

BabelBabe said...

Ted's creation is so cool!

I have an angel too - also not my thing but I'll post her - she is a music box that plays some christmas chestnut.

BabelBabe said...

i also dig the shower balls (tee hee). I could never do this because Dan would bitch about having to move them when he got in the shower. men - no sense of form over function.

Gina said...

You don't have to move the shower balls, as they're just tied to the rings that attach to the rod. They move themselves when the shower curtain moves.

Festive, yes? :-)

Peg said...

Put a little garland or pipe cleaner 'round the top of Ten-Year-Old-Ted's art project and you've got yourself this year's angel for the top of your tree. Just a thought.

blackbird said...

Lovely.

I can't think why you KEPT the shower balls.

and I like typing shower balls.

Gina said...

I don't know why I kept those shower balls, either, really. Because she was a nice lady, and I feel like throwing them out would be mean? I have issues.

BabelBabe said...

i have BOXES of christmas ornaments i can't see my way clear to get rid of because they are from my mom or neighbor or old aunts or whatever. i have issues too.