Saturday, December 10, 2005

"Peep, peep, fatface!" said Thomas...



Primo's 5th birthday is tomorrow.
He has six cousins coming, their respective parents, and his grandparents.
The party theme is Thomas.

"Mom, can I have a Thomas cake?"

Sure, why not? After Peter Pan last year, Thomas should be a breeze.

I prefer whipped cream icing, as do my kids, and the only time I mind is when decorating cakes - buttercream (at least the fake stuff) is easier to work with in tubes...black icing is very strange...I ate a lot of icing- taste testing and whatnot, you know, and am now sick to my stomach as well as bluish-black-lipped and -teethed...no idea where I am supposed to fit the Happy Birthday message...every year I say, "Next year I am just buying the damn cake," and then I never do...

I am not likely to post till Monday as I have something like 14 adults and eight kids to feed tomorrow - baked ziti, green salad, bread. Chicken nuggets, macaroni and cheese, grapes for the kids (per Primo's request). Chocolate Thomas cake with whipped cream icing. Copious amounts of alcohol.

Happy Birthday, my firstborn. You changed my life in oh so many ways and I love you.

8 comments:

blackbird said...

Happiest of days to big boy Primo!

Joke said...

Attaboy Primo.

Hell of a cake, too. I thought you DID buy it.

-J.

P.S. Normally I just make a plain sheet cake and stick the theme's figurines, as opposed to all that drawing and icing stucff at which I suck.

Peg said...

That's one beautiful cake. Good luck with the big party, and happy birthday to Five Year Old Primo.

Caro said...

What a great cake. I thought it was purchased until you stated otherwise. You did an awsome job!

Happy Birthday Primo!

Badger said...

The happiest of happies to Primo! That is indeed a bitchin' cake.

Joke said...

I wonder if BabBab can do ice cream cakes too. I'm hankerin' for Fudgy The Whale.

-J.

Sarah Louise said...

I knew you had done the cake.

Joke said...

WELL?????