Friday, December 16, 2005

I regret to inform you, Sire, that the young lady has disappeared, leaving behind only this glass slipper.



This Cinderella coach has been mine since I can remember. It is just plastic with gold paint, but I love it and always have. It used to hang on my mom's tree every year for me. I was so not the kind of princessy little girl that this was meant for, but when I hang it up, I feel like that kind of dainty, precious, pretty little kid, with big dreams and never-ending optimism. You know, exactly the opposite of ME.


Friday Show-and-Tell, courtesy of Blackbird

7 comments:

Gina said...

I love knowing this about you--it makes me want to give you a hug.

blackbird said...

gosh!
I'm having a little moment...

BabelBabe said...

i meant, you know, that cinderella was all frills and lace and starry-eyed enthusiasm...not all cynical like yours truly. i didn't mean to make anyone cry or anything...

Gina said...

I'm not crying! I just think this reveals that there is a little more princess in you than you like to think--that's all. :-)

sueeeus said...

I love that you've had this since childhood! I bet you have much more starry-eyed enthusiasm shining through the cynicism than you might think.

Sarah Louise said...

Awww...I love it! Sniff...It reminds me of when I went to see The Slipper and the Rose (Cinderella flick) with my mom at Christmas at Radio City Hall (you know, the Rocketts dressed like Nutcrackers...)

bon said...

Christmas seems a time for a whisper of that starry-eyed enthusiasm to come out in all crusty and wannabe crusties so good for you! from a wannabe crusty.