Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Show and Tell--Something Special

It occurs to me that I think many things are pretty special--I snapped pics of most of these things without even going downstairs. I hope I'm not violating the spirit of Blackbird's Youngest's wish when I present you with the following:


This is my mom and dad on their wedding day in August of 1969.


My friend Randy made me this box years ago, and when I opened it I found a note that said, ""Smell me! I'm cedar!"


This is my grandmother, my nephew and Teddy on my parents' back porch this past 4th of July.


My iPod. I hate the ear buds that came with it--they're too big for my petite flower ears--but I love this bit of technology more than almost any other.


I just made these winter curtains for my bedroom. They're courderoy, lined with flannel, and the little flowers make me so very happy.


We've been using this Lego Yoda on a bike to make our own movie.


My first attempt at being crafty without my mother around to coach me. This was probably 1994, and irony was clearly king; I cut all of those ads out of the back of Cosmo. :-)


Teddy's first fingerpainting exerience. He's not going to stand for its hanging in his room much longer, but I'll get away with it while I can.


This needs no explanation.

That's it for now. I might post more things later, because I'm thankful for things, right? And if I'm I'm thankful for it, it's special!

11 comments:

Caro said...

I wish I could sew. Your curtains are pretty.

I like the framed fingerpainting also. What a neat idea.

blackbird said...

these are wonderful special things...



(tiny voice - you know that S and T is on fridays right?)

Gina said...

Yes, BB, I know. But I'll be in the middle of Family Madness on Friday, so I wanted to get the post together while I had the chance.

Carolyn: I can't really sew, so much as I know how to work my sewing machine and go in (fairly) straight lines. It's nothing special, and certainly nothing to be afriad of. But thanks for the compliment--I love my pretty curtains. :-)

Joke said...

I like the irony part. But then again I would.

-J.

Kathy said...

Love the cedar box, the finger painting (I wish I'd thought to frame some of my kids' paintings), and the lovely curtains.

BabelBabe said...

I like the Jane Eyre : )

because you already know I know ted is special.

You could have taken a pic of the framed quotes downstairs too, in the same vein.

Sarah Louise said...

thank you for a great show and tell! Love the wedding picture. I'm stuck at the library with crazy teenagers! Help!!

BabelBabe said...

oh, and there's no need to take the fingerpainting down. you can just move it to another room if he doesn't want it in his. i have the boys' artwork framed and hanging in the kitchen, it cheers me up immensely, even when THEY are driving me nuts.

sonia a. mascaro said...

Love the wedding picture. Beautiful and joyful couple!
Each object are inner and secret value and meaning.

halloweenlover said...

I love the yoda. Will you post the movie on your blog when it's finished?

And HEY, you are showing us up on the show and tell!! ; )

Gina said...

I will try very hard to figure out how to post a link to the Yoda movie, should it ever materialize.

I'm also working on my (well, Teddy's) birth story, and hope to be able to post a link to that in time for his birthday next month.

I love my parents' wedding picture too. They were only nineteen and twenty when they got married, and I was born when my mom was 21. I was pushing a full shopping cart through a liquor store (PA Liquor laws) when I was 21.