Friday, November 25, 2005

I see something special and show it to the camera. - Sam Abell

Primo drew this when he was two-and-a-half, just before Segundo arrived, and I love it. It makes me happy to look at it. It's just about the most evocative portrait of me and my two older boys that I could hope for. It happened to be just good luck that he drew it with black marker on pink paper, making it quite the graphic statement into the bargain.




I love it so much I had it professionally framed and it hangs in my bedroom.

Every once in a while Primo will say, "That's MY drawing and I want it!" but I refuse to give it up.

Friday Show-and-Tell, courtesy of Blackbird

5 comments:

Sarah Louise said...

BB, my parents have claimed my picture hostage as well. I was so excited...I just left a comment, was ready to take the link to my blog and pfft! you posted your show and tell! I'm getting ready to post...my last google images show and tell!

blackbird said...

gorgeous and beautiful.

which are, after all, two different things.

Caro said...

Kids draw the best stuff.

Gina said...

Lovely. I can't believe he says he wants it back! :-) Forget it, kid!

halloweenlover said...

So sweet. I love that you had it framed. He must feel very special too!