Sunday, November 27, 2005

Is it Still Procrastinating . . .

. . . if you're doing something that needs to be done for Christmas, rather than doing school work? This is the first knitting project I've ever completed. It's not perfect, but I think the friend I've made it for will appreciate it.



Can you tell that it's a scarf? It's chenille, I think, and surprisingly heavy. It's about four and a half feet long, and wraps fairly nicely. Next time I think I won't make it quite so wide, so it can be a little longer.

Anyway, hooray for me! :-)

6 comments:

Peg said...

The answer to your question is, um, yes. However, that should not dampen your enthusiasm one bit.

Of *course* we can tell that it's a scarf! And quite a beautiful one, too. If your friend doesn't appreciate it, well, I'm sure there are a dozen or so of us who would happily arrive on their doorstep and bludgen them. With blunt things. You just say the word.

BabelBabe said...

Wow, did you do that in a night? It's beautiful! And I love the color.

Caro said...

It's pretty.

Gina said...

Yes, I did it all last night. Once I started, I couldn't stop. It only took a few hours, though, because it was thick yarn and I used big needles.

But thanks! :-)

Katy said...

That is a very nice pink scarf. Its fun to finish knitting projects, but I'm not very good at it. Did you do it in garter stitch? If you did, that is the kind of scarf that Peg could make, since there is no purling.

Rock on with the FO (finished object)!

Gina said...

Yep, all garter stitch. I can't believe how easy it was, and I can't believe no one advised me to start with chunky yarn and big needles--what a difference it made to see actual progress right away!