Friday, June 10, 2005

Helplessly Hoping

So yeah, maybe someday I'd like to have a man in my life. I'm not exactly anxious to run out and find a new husband, but I do miss kissing, sex, and just . . . manliness in general. I read Rebecca Traister's Salon article about eHarmony with great interest, and then nearly stopped when I got to this:

As for my romantic prospects, Warren had some grim news. He said that because I was bright, I "lose at least 95 percent of candidates because of IQ." Great. Apparently, I also need someone articulate, ambitious and energetic. In short, as Warren said, I am "looking for a rare, rare, rare person."

Super: Confirmation that there aren't many (straight) men around who are interested in spending time with smart, slightly crazy women. Just what I needed.

2 comments:

BabelBabe said...

That was a heck of an interview, wasn't it? I was skeptical of eHarmony before I read this article, but now...well, if I were in the market, I would have to consider using eHarmony. Their questions seem logical. But that smart, slightly crazy bit would work against me too. Damn men! I hate them. Heeeeyyy.....that gives me an idea.... : )

David said...

I have two friends, one here in Pittsburgh, who used eHarmony and were very happy with the results.

Might be a very good option for those people not shopping around the first row of their class.

I wonder how they phrase things to come up with the stat that a bright woman automatically loses such a high percentage of candidates?

Do people actually check "I like 'em dumb."