Wednesday, March 30, 2005

What does it all mean?

OK. After an eventful Easter morning in the emergency room, the parasi—er, baby--- is swimming around in a pharmaceutical soup composed of amoxicillin (for the sinus infection and bronchitis); Zoloft (per usual); prenatal vitamins (gotta take something for the kid, don’t I?); Tylenol (for the ear pain from the sinusitis); Reglan (for the omnipresent nausea and so I can eat something, anything, at all); and if needed, phenergan with codeine (which apparently if I stop taking it well before my ninth month the babe will not emerge a full-fledged codeine addict). If I don’t give birth to Blinky, I will be ever grateful. But since Si already gave one of the goldfish our baby name, maybe Blinky would indeed be a good alternative.

Someone stop me before I breed again, please – if I start talking about having another baby in two years or so, please smack me upside the head with some sort of large, hard object. You have my permission to do this.

Besides, everyone knows that….three….is the magic numbah!

-------------------------------

Ayelet Waldman is taking some serious heat for being so in love with her husband. This is what started my noticing it: http://www.nytimes.com/2005/03/27/fashion/27love.html (link courtesy of Bookslut). I think I read one of her blog posts along these lines, and remember being positively horrified – I mean, I love my husband and all, but would I sacrifice on of my children for his life? NO WAY! If only because he’s lived a lot of his life and they are just starting out….they trust me to protect them, how could I betray that trust?...Dan is an adult and could probably fend for himself, my children cannot….your children love their mother like no woman’s husband has *ever* loved her, and if you don’t believe that then I feel sorry for you. At any rate – there was this link to a parody on Ayelet’s unfortunate post today which made me laugh out loud: http://www.popfactor.com/tmftml/archives/001995.html (link also courtesy of Bookslut).

You know, at first I really liked Ayelet, but the more I read her stuff and “get to know her” in the world of the blogosphere, I don’t think we would be very good friends. I hesitate to make judgment but suffice it to say that I just don’t think I would want to hang out with her after all. It makes me a little sad – but of course, she probably doesn’t want to hang out with me either : )

----------------------------------

I started Geraldine Brooks’ March the other night. It’s an odd book and as I am only three or so chapters into it, I am not sure what I think yet. I do know Brooks is a lovely writer, and her Mr March is an intriguing and ultimately likeable character who is trying to find his place and make his peace in this crazy world. But putting him next to what little of him shows up in Little Women—I am not sure how believable this book is. Speaking of, March also made me go back to reread for the gazillionth time Little Women. Is it not one of the SMARMIEST – or should I say S-Marmee-iest- books ever written? I loved this book as a girl, I should never have reread it to try to recapture the magic. I am so sad. Although, Eight Cousins still stood up ok. Mostly I am too sick and weary to read much of anything at all. If I don’t feel better soon, I don’t know what I will do as my pile and the list is getting out of hand.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

After being informed of aion kinah the problem, wow power leveling their daughter's date said he aion kinah could get the peanut out. wedding dresses the pilot dog clothes threw open the door and jumped Aion gold from world of warcraft power leveling the plane.flyff power leveling the young man's world of warcraft power leveling sunburn started acting up again.maple story mesos He asked to be excused, flyff power leveling went into cabal gold the kitchen wedding dress designers The executoner said that wow gold if this happens warhammer power leveling a second time throws out shaiya gold a grenade and says, flyff power leveling i'm in the army,last chaos gold i can get these dog clothes whenever i need them. maple story power leveling"so they all land 2moons power leveling safely dragonica gold