Thursday, March 31, 2005

Ayelet Waldman's travails

Ayelet Waldman takes another reader beating in today's Salon. I have to admit I was so thoroughly disgusted with the beginning of her article on hoping her son would be gay that I didn't even finish it, but man, alot of readers did, and only one had anything complimentary to say. As I mentioned previously, I am quickly concluding that Waldman is much more immature and self-absorbed than I thought. I apparently am not the only one reaching this conclusion, and I doubt I'll go out of my way to read her Salon column from now in any depth. I am disappointed.

Then I started worrying - do I mention my kids too often in this blog? I don't think I do, I try not to discuss personal matters much. A few pics and logs about what we are reading aloud are not intrusive into their lives... I don't think. Please correct me if I am wrong. My kids have a tough enough row to hoe just having me for their mother; I don't need to do a single thing to make it more difficult for them.

2 comments:

David said...

You're fine. No worries.

Gina said...

I agree with David--there is no comparison between you and Ayelet.