Friday, May 02, 2008

"On and on and on, we'll be together, yeah..."*

I just started Michael Lee West’s Crazy Ladies and Bonny Wolf’s Talking with My Mouth Full. I had to read something while I stood in the kitchen stirring molasses and brown sugar and butter for Nigella’s gingerbread with lemon icing, for a picnic we are going to tomorrow. In the morning I will throw together a pan of Katherine Hepburn’s brownies (best brownies EVER) for the kids, or any adults who don’t like gingerbread. I am still reading Tenderness of Wolves, and it IS getting better, but I am so disappointed – I really expected to love it and just sail through it. Now I must hie me to Amazon to buy Not a Box for Seg. It is a huge hit around here, and one I think we need to own. Then I need to figure out how to set my running watch to count down and repeat thirty one-minute intervals. I have such an exciting life, hmmmm? Have a good weekend, guys, and GO PENS!

******************

"On and On and On," from Sky Blue Sky, Wilco (this is my new favorite Wilco tune, and a song that makes me just a leetle bit in love with Jeff Tweedy)

4 comments:

Velma said...

Just so you know, you inspire me. 4 kids, work, real cooking, full life, and the READING. My God, the reading!

xo

(Also? just noticed my word verification is "bggsuxy," which sounds so vaguely filthy I have to share. You're welcome!)

Kathy said...

I love that entire album but my favorites are Side With the Seeds, Hate it Here and Please Be Patient With Me.

Jess said...

I'm a big fan of Not a Box.

I want brownies. Oh lordy, do I want brownies. (Notice my use of the plural.)

Sarah Louise said...

Have you seen Not a stick?

LOVE LOVE Not a box!!