Monday, December 12, 2005

Youth is a wonderful thing. What a crime to waste it on children. ~George Bernard Shaw

Here is Dan preparing for the onslaught. I thought I was the only one who had to drink to be around his family.



Primo preparing decorations to tape all over the house.



The Sheik of Araby preparing for the party.



The Steelers game was still on when the party started. I think people drove here during halftime? Everyone crammed upstairs into the library/TV room until the game was over. Very festive.



Primo with one of the Thomas trains he scored. We broke with tradition and he opened the presents as people came. It worked out rather well, and he remembered to thank everyone instead of just being overwhelmed.



Primo blowing out his candles - I accidentally put on one of those trick candles, and everyone thought that was hilarious. Except then there was more spit on the cake than I would have liked.



The aftermath. Everyone had blue lips and teeth but no one would let me take a picture of them. Damn grown-ups and their dignity.

10 comments:

Gina said...

Excellent. It looks like the cake was a hit. Did you have it for breakfast?

BabelBabe said...

as soon as i can sneak downstairs, i will : )

Anonymous said...

OK totally missing the point of the big day - what was the final score? Where are your priorities anyway?

BabelBabe said...

hey, i know the steelers WON which puts me three steps ahead of where I generally am on such matters...

Katy said...

The Steelers beat da Bears, who only scored seven points. I don't know the Steeler's score, and have no real interest in finding you. You darn eight game winning streak ruiners.

Oh, and the party looks like it was fun. I <3 chocolate cake.

Peg said...

Was thinking of you yesterday afternoon. I'm delighted to see photos! Primo is very cute blowing out his candles. Terzo, well, if you can look at that photo without smiling yourself from ear to ear, as they say in Brooklyn, fuhgeddaboudit.

Tough lesson for a kid to learn, that football is a priority that is outranked by, um, just about nothing. (Not *my* priority, mind you.) But at five? C'mon. Not fair. What's the terminology? Flag on the play?

Caro said...

Your little boys are cute! And spit-flavored cake is one of my favorite flavors.

Sarah Louise said...

Wow, is Terzo falling off your MIL's lap? and who's that girl dressed in red? I like her slippers--green trim, very chic.

Joke said...

The problem with a trick candle is that if you aren't very discerning about whom you trick, everyone ends up eating soggy cake at best, and pudding at worst.

-J.

sonia a. mascaro said...

Lovely and happy party!
The cake looks delicious!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, THOMAS!