Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Birthday Boy



This picture is part of a bunch my sister and I had taken to give to our parents for Christmas. If you want to know what I look like, this gives you a really good idea. Only my hair is darker and sort of curly, and shoulder-length. And I have glasses. And I'm fatter. And a grown woman. But really, he looks just like me.

Teddy is now half-way to being old enough to VOTE. I pulled him onto my lap this morning, to give him ten kisses, and I almost burst into tears. Because he's too big for my lap. Sigh. On the whole, I'm glad he's growing up. I like the person he's becoming, and I like watching to see how he turns out. I don't *want* to be the mom of a baby. But I really will miss my cuddly little boy. Sniff.

10 comments:

BabelBabe said...

he is pretty darn handsome! and I remember when he was pretty much a BABY - agh! We're old!

Happy Bday, Ted!

Katy said...

He looks like a really good kid. You should be proud that he is growing up to be a handsome, well-adjusted boy. Lots of them are mean and unfriendly and an embarassment to their parents. But yours isn't. Congratulations!

Gina said...

Thanks, guys. I'm proud of him for sure. And yes, we are OLD. I noticed last night that my hands are starting to look like old-lady-witch hands. Pleasant, that.

Sarah Louise said...

Happy Birthday Ted!! How exciting is that!!

And no, we are not old--if I'm not old, you can't be either, coz we're the same age-ish. So get some cream for your hands and repeat after me (oh who am I kidding? I have a sister that will be 25 next year--I'm old!!)

Gina said...

MY little sister is 31!!! How that's possible, I am not quite sure.

Badger said...

Aw! Happy birthday to your little cutie!

And my baby brother is about to turn 37, so alla youse shaddap.

Joke said...

My kid sister turned 40 last month.

Read 'em and weep.

-J.

Suse said...

Well you and your little boy are both beautiful.

My Son #2 turns 10 in a few weeks. Too sad.

And my little brother turns 39 next year. too scary.

Caro said...

He's sweet as can be. What beautiful eyes and coloring and the shape of his chin is so cute. That's a handsome little man.

BabelBabe said...

he's got Gina's chin. I can attest to that fact. isn't he a doll?