Tuesday, May 08, 2007

"...and she decked herself with her earrings and her jewels, and she went after her lovers, and forgat me, saith the LORD.” - Hosea 2:13

I have discovered the downside of walking to school.

If, upon arrival at the bus stop, you realize your right earring is missing – a cute little silver-and-amber dangly number – and you must retrace your steps because you have sentimental attachment to these earrings (brought back from Russia for you by one of your best friends from college), you have a fucking LOT of ground to cover.

5 comments:

Jess said...

My sympathies. I once spent a solid half hour scrabbling under a huge blueberry bush trying to find a lost earring. Then I had to apologize to my roommate for losing the earring she'd lent me.

Sarah Louise said...

But did you find it???

Joke said...

Yet another reason to not have any ornamental metal bits traversing my person.

-J.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, but if you took a bus... well that sucker would be gone. At least waling you have a reasonable amount of knowledge as to where it is.

Joke said...

Dammit woman, don't keep us in suspense!

Did you find it?

-J.