Saturday, September 03, 2005

Tag...you're it....

1.Number of books I have owned: In the low thousands. But only the nonfiction is catalogued, so I can’t be sure.

2. Last book I bought: The Sparrow and Children of God, by Mary Doria Russell; A Civil Action- Jonathan Harr; a couple other miscellaneous kids’ books.

3. Last book I completed: The Sparrow – Mary Doria Russell

4. Five (or more) books that mean a lot to me:
(not in order)
1. The Small Rain/A Severed Wasp – Madeleine L’Engle
2. Bridge to Terabithia – Katherine Paterson
3. Pride and Prejudice – Jane Austen
4. Jitterbug Perfume – Tom Robbins
5. In Watermelon Sugar – Richard Brautigan
6. Big Red Barn – Margaret Wise Brown

5. What are you currently reading?
1. A Civil Action – Jonathan Harr
2. Corelli’s Mandolin – Louis de Bernieres
3. To Love and Be Wise - Josephine Tey
4. October issue of The Quilter’s Newsletter
5. CNN website, compulsively

6. To which 5 bloggers are you passing this on?

Whoever feels like it.

****************************************

Seven Things I Plan to do Before I Die
1. Get a PhD in English literature
2. Learn to rock climb
3. Learn to love my Eastern European peasant physique
4. See my children grow up
5. Read The Brothers Karamazov
6. Take a month-long vacation ALL BY MYSELF
7. Join the Peace Corps

Seven Things I Can Do
1. Swim – all the strokes
2. "Program" HTML/XHTML/XML
3. Sing Edelweiss and various other Broadway standards over and over again until my boys conk out
4. Bake
5. Spell
6. Run an 11-minute mile
7. Read – pretty fast, too

Seven Things I Cannot Do
1. Listen to the radio for much longer than half an hour
2. Eat cottage cheese – heck, I can barely stand to look at the stuff!!
3. Type
4. Get *all* the moldy bits out of my bathtub grout
5. Finish a book that bores me
6. Argue logically
7. Cook rice

Seven Things that Attract Me to the Opposite Sex
1. Brains
2. Long knobbly fingers/hands
3. Humor
4. Gentleness/kindness
5. Lankiness/height
6. Willingness to cook
7. Dark hair/skin – I have only ever dated one blonde man in my entire life

Seven Things I Say Most Often
1. "I am NOT a contortionist!”
2. "It’s not brain surgery for God’s sake"
3. "Unless there’s blood, I do not want to hear it!"
4. "What happened?”
5. "What the hell do I know, I’m just your mother/wife.”
6. "Tall mocha frappucino, no whip."
7. "Hey, little bratty children…”

Seven Celebrity Crushes
1. Colin Firth
2. John Cusack
3. Nicolas Cage
4. Jill Hennessey
5. Mary Louise Parker
6. Dar Williams
7. Anthony Bourdain

I tag anyone who needs the distraction.

5 comments:

Bearette said...

Colin Firth and John Cusack...good taste.

Peg said...

I'll bite... have to work on them, though...

Caro said...

I hear you on the moldy bits in the grout! Our shower has white tile and white grout. I'd like to kill whoever picked that color scheme!

Sarah Louise said...

i'll bite! (gosh, does that sound too vampirish?)

Bronwen said...

thanks! of course it was "the magician's nephew"... cool to see that you like richard brautigan too. i like him a lot too. i'm even teaching him in my first experience teaching at a university.