Friday, May 20, 2005

I got nothing...and so an homage to David the Vacationing One

Why doesn’t McDonald’s put up sun umbrellas over the tables in their Playland?...Of course, why am I feeding my child McDonald’s in the first place?...and why don’t kids ever drink the amount of milk at home (where it’s sorta FREE) that they do when you are somewhere where you have to pay for each teeny-tiny bottle?...I wish they’d move the staplers and hole punch to the other side of the ref desk so I don’t have to look up, smile, and be ready to help every time someone comes to use them, and all for naught…I hate maternity clothes, especially the ones with the little pouch for your belly – what’s wrong with plain elastic waists? ...and in that same vein, I realized today, watching my reflection in the glass doors while approaching the library, that I have my grandmom’s calves. Good Eastern European, sturdy peasant calves that belong by rights in support hose and black lace-ups. You cannot escape heredity, I fear...I’m very hungry and the fruit and yogurt I brought with me isn’t going to do it. I want pizza. Or a Tessaro’s bacon and blue-cheese burger...the boys had a new babysitter this afternoon. Should I be worried? She seemed nice and competent but you never know. I do know this – she is extraordinarily pretty. I give it maybe a few months before Si has a crush on her; after all, she once played Pinocchio in a school play...and speaking of Pinocchio, did anyone else see that episode of The Family Guy? It was SO wrong! But so funny...Everyone else in the neighborhood seems to be concerned with the safety of those little pocket motorcycle drivers. I just want the damn things to be quiet...Ok I feel like a jerk but the new circ person had her iPod set at max volume and I could hear it thirty feet away. So I said something to her boss, so he could handle it as he saw fit. I'm an old fuddy-duddy, but I am so tired of coping with other people's auditory invasion of my personal space...Bill Peduto did not get the nod for mayoral candidate. According to Simon’s 4-year-old political reckonings (and his parents’), this is “sad news.” But the “happy news” is that Kathryn Hens-Greco did get elected to the Court of Common Pleas...speaking of, someone stole our Peduto yard sign...I hate EndNote but I maybe hate Microsoft Word even more, I am not sure...I also hate Raffi. Not that I mind his actual songs, I just really hate the tootling and thpththpthpth sounds he makes between verses...This makes me really, really mad, and it reminds me of my high school. In a similar situation the same thing happened – the girl was expelled, the boy got to graduate. Because you know, women are evil and lead men astray. Just look at Adam and Eve...I’m wondering how David’s relaxation/vacation is going... Hoo, boy! “This is awesome. This is real good.” Please keep this doc working on a simulator baby, I want him NOWHERE near my real infant! How many years of medical school, and he can’t even use correct grammar?...Remember what I said about The Guardian? Start here: it’s addictive. (Although some of these books are not (yet) available in the US.)...and I love this, this is just crazy: Disaster of the Week. I wonder if I can sign up for email updates to go along with my Weekly Morbidity and Mortality Reports?...There's nothing like a little maniacal dancing to Rusted Root to lighten your mood...Happy Star Wars Day, everyone.

1 comment:

David said...

went fine, got drunk and sunburned, and probably gained 10 pounds, what else does one need?