Thursday, April 14, 2005

embracing your inner dork

Gina and I are going to write a book. Actually, I am going to make Gina write it, after all, she's the writer. I am going to cheer her on.

Here is what the book is going to be about, and I am curious as to feedback:

In a discussion over email about comic books, Gina stated that she realized,
"The older I get, the more I am convinced that the key to happiness is embracing your inner dorkiness." I realized how exactly right she was, and replied, "it's so true - the less I care what people think of me (appearance, etc.) the happier I am."
So we have evolved from the high school mentality of life, and I think we need to share our revelations with the world. See, I can happily wear my Tevas with socks without a second thought these days, and if I want to start reading comic books at my age, well, why the hell not? Aren't we wise and sagacious? Why shouldn't we share that with the crazy, materialistic, appearance-oriented world? And just why shouldn't you wear socks with sandals anyway???

2 comments:

Gina said...

My name is Gina, and I am a dork.

Anonymous said...

i am a dork too. can you please write more. thank you.