Friday, February 25, 2005

Ugh

I feel like hell so I will make this brief. I am almost done Edith Wharton's The Buccaneers and I don't want to finish it. I love the main character, Nan St George, and I know there's no way it can end happily for her since it's Wharton and not Austen. Very sad.

********

I emailed Jessa Crispin with book reccs today; she's asking for them on Bookslut. I feel as though I just shook hands with the the President or something!

**********
In a few moments at Half Price Books today I picked up:
The Crimson Petal and the White - this keeps crossing my radar and it's time to check it out
The Beekeeper's Apprentice (for the collection as I've already read it)
The Lovely Bones - Am the only person on the planet who hasn't read this apparently; I did read Sebold's powerful and moving Lucky so I am looking forward ot this
Custom of the Country - another Wharton, 'cause I'm a masochist
A Denise Mina (Suzanne recc'ed her ages ago)
Object Lessons - Anna Quindlen
Burden of Desire - Robert McNeil, read this ages ago and remember liking it and it was only a buck

No comments: