Wednesday, November 05, 2008

“Joy lies in the fight, in the attempt, in the suffering involved, not in the victory itself.”

Mr Gandhi, I must respectfully disagree.

This morning I am proud and awed and a little giddy. I feel ridiculously optimistic and hopeful. I love my country more than ever. I am so proud to be an American, more than ever before.

And because I am nearly speechless with joy, I offer a meme. It's all my euphoria can handle.

*****************

Where is your mobile phone?
Plugged in to the charger on the hall table exactly where it belongs.

Where is your significant other?
Work. Where he is the majority of his waking hours. Sigh.

Your hair colour?
Brown with lots of grey.

Your mother?
Dead.

Your father?
Him too.

Your favorite thing?
Kisses from my babies. Books. Rum. Salty, crunchy things. My new jeans.

Your dream last night?
Realized.

Your dream goal?
Survival into their teen years…

The room you’re in?
Coffee shop.

Your hobby?
Reading. Quilting. Running.

Your fear?
DE-NIED!

Where do you want to be in six years?
In the middle of President Obama’s second term.

Where were you last night?
In Gina’s living room, watching history being made.

What you’re not?
Graceful. Poised. Chic.

One of your wish-list items?
A flatscreen big-ass TV so my husband will stop rearranging the furniture every time he watches TV. Or maybe glasses for my husband.

Where you grew up?
New Jersey.

The last thing you did?
Ordered a tea and a pastry

What are you wearing?
Obama '08 t-shirt, my new sweetheart-cut Old Navy jeans, my Keen Mary Janes

Your TV?
A small, old TV that would be just fine except for the above…

Your pets?
2 cats. I miss my fish.

Your computer?
Dell Inspiron laptop.

Your mood?
Elated.

Missing someone?
Yeah – some of my ex-pat friends whom I would love to have here with me to celebrate

Your car?
A minivan

Something you’re not wearing?
A jacket

Favourite shop?
Book. Thrift.

Your summer?
Hot, long, but fun.

Love someone?
Lots of people, especially today, but mostly my boys. All of them. All five.

Your favourite colour?
Grey

When is the last time you laughed?
Just now,, joshing the mailman

Last time you cried?
Last night. Tears of joy and awe and admiration.

3 comments:

Bearette said...

Yay!

I like the sweetheart ON jeans, too. Much better than the flirt or the diva :)

Jess said...

Hurray! I'm so glad today, so glad...

Kathy said...

I'm shocked and elated.